Marvelous! Someone at Special Services has probably already looked over the packet, but you should look it over as well. Each packet should have:
1. All of the student's identifying information completed.
2. The reason for referral.
3. The date of referral.
4. A completed Documented Interventions page
5. A completed vision and hearing screening
6. The guidance counselor's and principal's signature
If any of these items is missing, send an email to the guidance counselor, classroom teacher, building principal, and school nurse (if appropriate) asking that the missing sections be completed as soon as possible.
While you're waiting:
1. Make the student "Special Ed YES" in Genesis. It will take 24 hours to update the student into Easy IEP.
a. Log onto Genesis using your own username and password.
b. In the "Schools" field, delete the number 01.
c. Enter either the student's first and last names in the name fields, or the Student ID in the Student ID field and click "Search."
d. Click the blue student ID number next to the student's name.
e. Look at the blue tabs and click the one that says "Special Ed."
f. At the bottom of the page, you will see "Designated Special Ed" with Yes and No buttons. Choose "Yes" and click "Save."
g. Click the button that says "Enter Reevaluation Data."
- If this is a new referral, fill in the date of the referral in line 49. Click SAVE.
- If this is an intake of a previously classified student, fill in the latest reevaluation date in line 56. Change the Evaluation Status to "In Process." Click SAVE.
h. It will take 24 hours for this change to take effect and for the student's name to appear in Easy IEP. Once the student appears in Easy IEP, pull up that student and click on "Date Snapshot." Enter the referral date in the appropriate area. Click "Update the Database."
2. (After 24 hours) Print an Easy IEP "Easy Fax - Referral Cover Page."
3. Once the packet is complete, fax the cover page and the referral packet to
by Kristin Patterson-Maas, MS CCC-SLP All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, in any form, without written permission from the author.
If you notice incorrect information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a description of the problem and a link to the exact page.