1. Log into Easy IEP using your own username and password.
2. From the Home page, click "Students" in the green menu bar.
3. At the bottom of the page, click "Advanced Student Search."
4. Choose your school from the dropdown menu
5. At the bottom of the page, click "View Students" to see a list of ALL students at your school who are in the Easy IEP system. Or, use the various checkbox options to narrow your search.
For instance, to find all of the students who have speech therapy scroll down to the "Related Services" section and check the box that says "Speech/Language." Then go to the bottom of the page and click "View Students."
To see the students at your school who do not have a case manager listed, go to the "Case Manager" section and click "Only include students with no Case Manager." Then go to the bottom of the page and click "View Students."
6. You can organize this list by clicking the headings at the top of each column. For instance, if you click The word "Disablilty," the list will be sorted according to the students' disability. This is helpful if you need to find, say, all of the speech-only (SP) students at the school. If you click "Eligibility Date," the students will be listed in order of oldest eligibility to newest. This is helpful in determining which students will be eligible for reevaluation soon.
7. At the bottom of the page, click "Print Search Results." In the Print Dialog box, make sure that the orientation is set to landscape. (Unfortunately, the list will only print in the original alphabetical order. It will not print sorted by columns.)
You can also click "Export Search Results" to open the information in an Excel spreadsheet. However, depending on your version of Excel, all of the results may not display properly.
1. Click "Wizards" in the green menu bar at the top of the page.
2. At the bottom of the list, click "Caseload Setup Wizard."
3. If you already have a caseload, a list of students will display. To remove students from your caseload, uncheck the box next to the student's name and click "Update the Database" at the bottom of the page. This will not remove the student from Easy IEP or designate him as no longer in need of special education services, it will only remove him from your list.
4. To add students to your caseload, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Add More Students to Caseload."
5. Search for individual students by name, or by ID number (found on the list you printed out.) At the bottom of the page, click "View Students."
6. Check the box under Case Manager OR Team Member. If you are the speech therapist and the student is a special needs student, you are always a Team Member. If you are the speech therapist and the student is a speech-only (SP) student, you are always the Case Manager. Click either "Add Students to Caseload," or "Add Students to Caseload, Then Find More."
7. To add multiple students from the same school to your caseload quickly, on the Caseload Setup Wizard page, click "Add More Students to Caseload."
8. Choose your school from the dropdown menu and click "View Students."
9. Using the list that you printed earlier, check the boxes under Case Manager or Team Member next to the students you want to add to your caseload, and click "Add Students to Caseload" at the bottom of the page.
10. To see your caseload later, click "Students" in the green menu bar at the top of any Easy IEP page. Scroll down and click "View My Caseload." Use the column headings to sort the list by disability, eligibility date, etc.
If you notice incorrect information, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a description of the problem and a link to the exact page.
by Kristin Patterson-Maas, MS CCC-SLP All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced, in any form, without written permission from the author.